Lymphatic congestion is frequently the underlying cause of physical pain that is often attributed to muscular tension, poor organ function, endocrine system imbalance or pelvic dysfunction. After 30 years work in the early 1900's an osteopathic doctor, Frank Chapman, determined that illness and lowered vitality was more directly related to poor diet and lymphatic congestion than to structural faults. He sought to find an answer.
Chapman’s Reflex Points are nerve endings that relate to lymph. They take us deep within the body and can reveal when there is congestion around specific nerve roots and organs. In addition to assessment, the points can be used to release lymphatic congestion efficiently and effectively, providing a frequently overlooked piece of the pain puzzle and healthy function for bodyworkers trained in this method and for their clients. The points can also be used for self-care.
Many people are thrilled to find a natural solution to physical complaints for which allopathic physicians had no answer and which they considered beyond the scope of therapeutic bodywork. Practitioners can add a new service to their practice with this training and help clients/patients on a much grander scale - so fulfilling.
Learn safe, gentle and effective ways to assess, unlock, balance and normalize lymph flow. Improve endocrine function and health, and relieve pain and discomfort.
To prepare students to work effectively with clients on completion of class, Advanced Instructor Ann Hoeffel presents this material in groups with a lot of hands-on practice in identifying, assessing and releasing tenderness in the reflexes using Ortho-Bionomy ease. Some classes may offer additional practice time, depending on location and dates, as listed below.
A balanced pelvis is important to the function of all the glands and organs, and essential for this work to have lasting benefits. Therefore, the ability to balance the pelvis is a pre-requisite for this training. In some cases a Spine and Pelvis workshop will be offered before the Neurolymphatic workshops.
An Ortho-Bionomy Approach to Dr. Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes
• Introduction to working with Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes. About the Lymphatic System, The Endocrine System, and Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes. Neurolymphatic Reflexes for the Stomach Group. Available as a Home Study Course. (3 units)
• Balance the Pelvis--Important to endocrine balance. Often included as a pre-Chapman's workshop. (3 units)
• Group 1---The Lower Body: Sciatic Neuritis, Circulation, Colon. (typically 5-6 hours / units)
• Group 2---The Upper Torso: Circulation, Neuritis, Neurasthenia (Nervous Exhaustion) and Insomnia, Infectious Group. (typically 4-5 units)
• Group 3 --Balancing Systems: Gastro-Intestinal and Genito-Urinary Systems. (typically 6 units)
• Group 4--Balancing Systems: Respiratory, Allergies, Asthma, includes some reflexes for head and sinuses. (typically 6 units)
• Group 5--Clearing the Fog: Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat and Sinuses and some reflexes for the head. Endocrine Group. (typically 5 units)
• Dr. Owens' Protocol, Pelvic-Thyroid-Adrenal Syndrome:
A whols body evaluation and treatment for the Endocrine System.
The full protocol will be practiced multiple times during the workshop. (16 units)
Pre-requisite to Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflex workshops: Knowledge of how to balance the pelvis, or Spine & Pelvis, or Phase 5 or permission of instructor.
Highly recommended: Group 1, 2 or 3 to start.
NOTE: Please bring crayons or colored pencils to class; women, please wear or bring a no-underwire, swimsuit bra-top or sports bra and a loose-fitting shirt that buttons all the way down the front so that we can see the spine in back, when worn backwards. As always, please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
Workshop manual is provided. It is recommended that students also purchase the classic Osteopathic Manual: "An Endocrine Interpretation of Chapman’s Reflexes," by Charles Owens, D.O. Available at Ortho-Bioinomy.org.