Dr. Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes
Lymphatic Drainage can alleviate pain on nerve roots and restore endocrine system function in many cases.
A balanced pelvis is important to the function of all the glands and organs and essential for this work to have lasting benefits. Therefore, the ability to balance the pelvis is included as a pre-Chapman's workshop option. Additionally, Ortho-Bionomy Spine & Pelvis or Phase 5 workshops are highly recommended for learning effective methods for balancing the pelvis and more.
Location, dates and registration information are below the descriptions.
Lymphatic congestion is frequently the cause of physical pain, often attributed to muscular tension, poor organ function, endocrine system imbalance and pelvic imbalance. After 30 years work, Dr. Frank Chapman determined that illness and lowered vitality was more directly related to poor diet and lymphatic congestion than to structural faults. He sought to find an answer.
Chapman’s Reflex points are nerve endings that relate to lymph. They take us deep within the body and can reveal when there is congestion around specific nerve roots and organs. In addition to assessment, the points can be used to release lymphatic congestion efficiently and effectively, providing a frequently overlooked piece of the pain puzzle for bodyworkers and their clients. The points can also be used for self-care. Many people are happy to find a natural solution to physical complaints they considered beyond the scope of bodywork. Practitioners can add a new service to their practice with this training.
Learn safe, gentle and effective ways to assess, unlock, balance and normalize lymph flow, improve endocrine function and health, and relieve pain and discomfort.
To prepare students to work effectively with clients on completion of class, Instructor Ann Hoeffel presents the material in groups with a lot of hands-on practice in identifying, assessing and releasing tenderness in the reflexes using Ortho-Bionomy ease. Units represent hours and are approximate; some classes may offer additional practice time:
An Ortho-Bionomy Approach to Dr. Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes
• Introduction-An Introduction to working with Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes. About the Lymphatic System, The Endocrine System, and Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes. Neurollymphatic Reflexes for the Stomach Group. Available as a Home Study Course. (3 units)
• Balance the Pelvis--Important to endocrine balance and included as a pre-Chapman's workshop. (3 units)
• Group 1---The Lower Body: Sciatic Neuritis, Circulation, Colon. (typically 5-6 hours / units)
• Group 2---The Upper Torso: Circulation, Neuritis, Neurasthenia (Nervous Exhaustion) and Insomnia, Infectious Group. (typically 4 units)
• Group 3 --Balancing Systems: Gastro-Intestinal and Genito-Urinary Systems. (typically 6 units)
• Group 4--Balancing Systems: Respiratory, Allergies, Asthma, includes some reflexes for head and sinuses. (typically 6 units)
• Group 5--Clearing the Fog: Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat and Sinuses and some reflexes for the head. Endocrine Group. (typically 5 units)
• Dr. Owens' Protocol, Pelvic-Thyroid-Adrenal Syndrome:
A whols body evaluation and treatment for the Endocrine System.
The full protocol will be practiced multiple times during the workshop. (16 units)
Pre-requisite: 1) Introduction to Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes + 2) knowledge of how to balance the pelvis, or Spine & Pelvis, or Phase 5 or permission of instructor.
Highly recommended: Group 1, 2 or 3.
NOTE: Please bring crayons or colored pencils to class; women, please wear or bring a no-underwire or sports bra and a loose-fitting shirt that buttons all the way down the front so that we can see the spine in back, when worn backwards. As always, please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
Workshop manual is provided. It is recommended that students also purchase the classic Osteopathic Manual: "An Endocrine Interpretation of Chapman’s Reflexes," by Charles Owens, D.O. Available a:t Ortho-Bioinomy.org.